Elegant Victorian Knobs with Red Carnelian. Jeweled Knobs are hand-crafted from semi-precious stone Red Carnelian with timeless finishes. Victorian Knobs would be a perfect addition for your traditional style furniture or mission style cabinets.
The word “Carnelian” came from Latin, meaning “horn” because of the fresh color that could be observed. The group of stones is made of micro-crystalline or crystalline variety of quarts. It is thought to increase stamina, vitality, and endurance, as well as promote emotional balance. It was used in the past as a seal ring for imprinting on important documents because hot wax did not stick to Carnelian. The word “Carnelian” is also used to describe a certain shade of red which is the shade of red both for Campbell’s Soup and Cornell University.
- Made in USA.
- Fine-art foundry hand-pours and hand-finishes every knob using Old-World methods.
- Lifetime guaranteed against flaws in craftsmanship.
- Exceptional clarity of details and depth of relief.
- All knobs are internally threaded, solid brass or stainless steel inserts cast into the stem for lifetime durability.
- All knobs have been engineered to accept an 8/32 screw; 1″ screws have been individually pact with each knob.
- knobs are hand-crafted with Red Carnelian semi-precious stone insert.
- All inserts for wood knobs are hand-cast from solid fine pewter or solid bronze.
- The term “antique” refers to special methods of treating metal so there is contrast between the raised relief and recessed areas.
- Knobs are lacquered to protect the finish.
- Alternative finishes available (see below)