Elegant Victorian Knobs with Onyx. Jeweled Knobs are hand-crafted from semi-precious stone Onyx with timeless finishes. Victorian Knobs would be a perfect addition for your traditional style furniture or mission style cabinets.
The name “Onyx” is derived from the Greek word onyx, which means “of a finger” or “claw”. A Greek legend says that the Onyx stone came from Cupid clipping some of Venus’ nails. The clippings fell to the ground and were turned into the Onyx stone due to the fact that no part of a god can die. Onyx is chalcedony quartz that is usually found in Brazil, California, Uruguay, and India.
- Made in USA.
- Fine-art foundry hand-pours and hand-finishes every knob using Old-World methods.
- Lifetime guaranteed against flaws in craftsmanship.
- Exceptional clarity of details and depth of relief.
- All knobs are internally threaded, solid brass or stainless steel inserts cast into the stem for lifetime durability.
- All knobs have been engineered to accept an 8/32 screw; 1″ screws have been individually pact with each knob.
- knobs are hand-crafted with Onyx semi-precious stone insert.
- All inserts for wood knobs are hand-cast from solid fine pewter or solid bronze.
- The term “antique” refers to special methods of treating metal so there is contrast between the raised relief and recessed areas.
- Knobs are lacquered to protect the finish.
- Alternative finishes available (see below)