Salty Dog balance toy. Functioning skyhook replica of 19th C. classic seasonal accessories. One of the least liked and heaviest jobs o f the Sailing Age was for the sailor to row out the ship’s anchor and place it in position. Sometimes several anchors were needed to make for a safe and secure berth.
Our rowing sailor seems to carry a light load; at least he makes that impression. Hand made and hand painted in sheet metal. The anchor line is made of twisted metal wire.
- hand made from recycled sheet iron;
- cut by hand using original templates;
- hand painted in great details;
- finished in aged patina, waxed;
- molded on bronze cast molds in two halves, then welded;
- counterweight calibrated to create swing;
- come with matching metal stand