This model features the Clipper Lightning 1854 figurehead, a perfectly detailed decoration on the prow of the ship of God’s messenger, an angel holding a bolt of lightning. Built with 3 masts and a square rig, clipper ships were narrow boats that were used regularly for the transport of tea from China. They remained in use for the Gold Rush in California and Australia of 1848 and 1851 and lasted until the opening of the Suez Canal in 1869.
Facts about our ship and boat models
1. All ship models are completely hand-made by skilled craftsman
2. Model ships have highest quality parts: hand sewn fabric sails with detailed stitching; each solid brass antique finished hardware made from individual molds.
3. Most ship and boat models are built plank-on frame, some ships have a solid carved hull.
4. Most model ships ready to rig. Detailed instructions explain easy assembly upon arrival.
5. All ship models come with table stands
6. Plans and drawings of introduced ships are researched in the archives of museums and national libraries. Our scale models are true miniature representations of the original yachts.
7. People love to admire the intricate details of the hulls, decks, rigging, and sails of our ship models. Scale ship models adorn the Oval Office at the White House, Wall Street offices, and private libraries.
8. All ships are made by the world leader in sailing ship model reproductions, and have implacable quality and attention to details