Art Deco embodied all that was hip, progressive, modern, and cultured. Art Deco was the result of a strong economy, industrial progress, social change, and idealistic values. The spirit that drove the Art Deco movement is most clearly exhibited in the American cities that experienced dramatic growth in the 1920’s and 1930’s. Through an examination of the architecture of those cities, many cultural inferences can be drawn in regards to this period of American history.
New York City is widely accepted throughout the United States and the world to be the epicenter of American culture. In the 1920’s and 1930’s New York City entered a period of unprecedented growth marked by the constructions of towering skyscrapers and luxurious hotels. New York was the hotbed of all things glamorous and innovative, making the city the subject of daydreams and an ultimate destination point.
New York baseboard molding is a study of the Art Deco period’s regard for classic designs. New York’s baseboard profile does not divert the eye: clean, horizontal lines define the contours of the room. This baseboard, with its streamlined designs and zigzag detail, complements any decor and is an ideal choice for any room in your home. Once New York baseboard is installed, the unique baseboard’s design eliminates the need for the additional installation of shoe molding.
– outstanding quality baseboard made from technologically advanced, high-density polyurethane
– baseboard is pre-primed with water-based white paint
– this baseboard molding has tough surface
– lightweight, durable and easy to install using common woodworking tools
– metal dies were used for consistent quality and perfect part to part match for hassle free installation
– this baseboard has sharp, deep and highly defined design
– baseboard can be finished with any quality paints