1. Use blocking attached to floor and ceiling to provide a nailing surface inside of the columns cap and base.
2. Apply constriction adhesive where the shaft meets the columns cap, columns base, and where cap and base meet the ceiling and the floor.
3. Toenail through columns cap and base into wood blocking.
4. Caulk as needed where columns pieces meet together and at the floor and ceiling joints.
5. Fill any nail holes on the columns with a vinyl spackle or wood patty. After that send slightly.
6. Finish columns with any quality latex or oil based paint.