wall mount niche installation instructions
AS WITH ANY STRUCTURAL PROJECT PLEASE VERIFY ALL BUILDING CODES WITH YOUR LOCAL BUILDING OFFICIALS PRIOR TO ANY INSTALLATION. THE STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY OF THE BALUSTRADE ASSEMBLY IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE INSTALLER.
wall mount niche installation
It is very easy to visually enhance and add aesthetic beauty to foyers, hallways, stairway landings or any room in your home with our rich and inviting wall niche. Wall niche is great place to display special artifact, sculpture or flower arrangements while creating classic charm and sophistication. Wall niche provide an opportunity to add texture and depth on an otherwise flat space. Replicated from “old world” designs, styles of our wall niches range from simple elegant to extraordinary ornate patterns
tools and materials for wall mount niche installation
– sponge or clean cloth
– elastomeric adhesive caulk
– caulking gun
– flat head wood screws – #6 x 1-1/2 – 2″
As simple as hanging a picture!
Wall Niche can be readily installed by anyone without ever having to cut a hole in the wall
Flush Wall Mount Niche Installation
– Position niche on wall and mark position. Niche can be installed as you would a picture, hanging niche on a nail or screw or as described below;
– Apply a 1/2″ continuous bead of latex adhesive / caulk along the back edge of niche;
– Using level, make sure niche is level before you press into place;
– Using adhesive / caulk, caulk around niche edges. Wipe niche clean with damp sponge or cloth;
– Finish or touch-up niche using a high-quality latex or oil-based paint
WHILE INSTALLING WALL NICHE ALWAYS FOLLOW THESE SAFETY SUGGESTIONS
– Follow good construction practices.
– When using power tools, adhesive and finishing materials [such as paint or stain], be sure to follow manufacturer’s instructions.
– Always wear safety goggles when using a power tool or hammer.
– Always use the right tool and/or equipment for the job.
Wall niche function as a decorative element only, and are not designed to support electrical fixtures or provide any load bearing capacity.
InvitingHome.com shall not be responsible if any failure to comply with these wall niche installation instructions results in the product failing to perform the purpose intended.