Chandler medallion +
Chantilly wall decoration
McLean panel molding +
Stamford panel molding
Recognize the impact wall color can have in improving the perception of your home and how inexpensive the use of color can be. By doing so, you will find it to be one of the most effective packaging tools you can use.
Color cannot be fully appreciated without proper light, however. In fact, certain colors can look entirely different under different lighting.
1. Color can be one of the least expensive and most effective packaging tools.
2. The right colors can suggest newness in those areas where newness is an asset and can imply Old World charm where it is appropriate.
3. Light colors make areas seem more expansive, while dark colors make spaces close in.
4. Strong personal color statements can cause territorial anxiety and make it more difficult for the buyer to visualize the home as his or her own.
5. To avoid territorial anxiety, stick with "safe" neutral colors like whites, beiges, and soft pastels and use special caution when selecting wallpaper.
6. Use light-reflecting colors to add brightness to a room.
7. Use dark colors to correct cosmetic flaws in walls or ceilings.
8. Add bold colors through accent features like fabrics, flowers, and trim, but keep the background neutral.
9. It is easy to become desensitized to dull or faded paint. Consider repainting if your focus groups indicate it is needed.
10. When repainting, choose premium-quality paint because the difference in results will far exceed the difference in cost.