Moisture Resilient Molding
|Comparative Study of Moisture Resilient Qualities for Molding|
|Test method - Immersion in 92°F water for 180 hours|
|Wood Molding||MDF Molding||HDPS Molding|
|Compared Molding||Meranti||MDF with foil
manufactured by E. Egger
|Atlanta Baseboard NFL1|
|changes in Lengths||0.2%||0.8%||0.1%|
|changes in Width||4.9%||0.7%||0.0%|
|changes in Thickness||5.9%||49.3%||-0.2%|
|Compared Molding||Pine||MDF with foil
manufactured by Quick-Step
|Tacoma Panel Molding NWL3|
|changes in Lengths||0.5%||0.7%||0.0%|
|changes in Width||2.7%||0.5%||-0.1%|
|changes in Thickness||4.7%||83.9%||-0.1%|
|Test Result Summary:|
– Variances depending on wood species.
– Water absorption of up to 43%.
– Swelling of up to 5% in thickness and width.
– Variances depending on manufacturer and quality of MDF.
– Huge water absorption (90%).
– Swelling of up to 80% in thickness.
– Delaminating of exterior foil.
– Turn green after products have dried.
|High Definition Polymer System (HDPS)
- No major dimensional variances as shown in the photographic evidence.
- Excellent moister resistance; molding have to be properly installed and ends need to be covered with adhesive.
- Water absorption is less than 1% in weight