planning your space for panel molding installation
When creating wall or ceiling panels, it is important to establish a plan for the layout of the panel molding and molding corners.
Horizontal Panel Layout Plans
Vertical Panel Layout Plans
panel molding and corners
Spacing should be consistent throughout the room:
- between the panels, doors, windows and room corners - from 3-1/2" to 6".
- above and below chair rail - 1/2" to 1" min.
- above the baseboard and below ceiling or ceiling molding - 3-1/2" to 6" min.
- Measure all panels lengths and add 10% to total for miter and join waist.
- You may also want to consider adding additional length to your purchase to "mach the pattern" of molding, ensuring a consistent appearance.
SURFACE PREPARATION FOR PANEL MOLDING INSTALLATION
- Clean all surfaces free of dirt and loose particles with a clean cloth or sponge. Make sure area is completely dry before installing.
- Measure and mark the location where you want to install the product.
- You can finish [paint or faux finish] molding before or after installation.
- After installation touch-up any area as needed.