|Installation Instructions >>|
ceiling domes installation
tools and materials for ceiling domes installation- Sponge or clean cloth.
- Putty Knife.
- Caulking gun.
- Flat head wood screws.
- Construction wire [stainless steel recommended].
- Elastomeric adhesive caulk.
- jig or Saber saw with fine cutting blade.
- Circular saw or carpenter's saw.
- Metal cutting twist drill bits.
- Ceiling wallboard.
- Ceiling Joists and framing lumber.
before ceiling domes installation- Check local building code requirements to ensure compliance. It is installer’s responsibility to conform to all code requirements.
- Installing ceiling domes is rated "professional - must have exceptional carpentry skills".
- Determine which ceiling domes installation method is to be followed by reading this ceiling domes installation instructions.
- it is recommended that any ceiling domes faux finishing be complete before installation.
ceiling domes with lighting
surface preparation for ceiling domes installation- Clean all surfaces free of dirt and loose particles with a clean cloth or sponge.
- Make sure area is completely dry before installing ceiling domes.
- Invert ceiling domes and trace outline on ceiling.
- Measure and mark 3 inches in from the traced circle for cut line.
- For rimless ceiling domes installation, measure and mark 2 inches in from traced circle for cut line.
- Attach template to ceiling, trace template for cut line.
precautions for ceiling domes installation- ALWAYS turn power off at breaker box prior to ceiling domes installation.
- DO NOT use ceiling domes to support the weight of the lighting or ceiling fan fixtures.
- DO NOT use the fixture or fan canopy to support ceiling domes in any way.
- ALWAYS follow light fixture and/or ceiling fan manufacturer's installation instructions for proper fixture support.
ceiling domes installation for new contraction
1. Ceiling domes MUST be installed before ceiling wallboard is installed with the option of installing ceiling domes up into ceiling joist or below joist.
ceiling domes installation for lay-in or suspended ceiling
1. Make a template as described in "Surface Preparation". DO NOT MARK OR CUT THE EXTRA 3" FOR ROUGH OPENING - CUT TEMPLATE TO EXACT DOME SIZE. Tape template to installation area and trace outline onto ceiling.
ceiling domes installation when used with electrical lighting fixture
1. Follow instructions above for appropriate installation application in addition to the following steps.
-Follow good construction practices.
-When using power tools, adhesive and finishing materials (such as paint or stain), be sure to follow manufacturer's instructions.
-Always wear safety goggles when using a power tool or hammer.
-Always use the right tool and/or equipment for the job.
NEVER NAIL INTO OR STRIKE SURFACE OF FIBERGLASS DOME WITH HAMMER OR OTHER SHARP OBJECTS. DOING SO WILL RESULT IN DAMAGE DOME SURFACE---------------------------------------------
framing plan for ceiling domes
cross section drawing of ceiling domes installation
thread wire through ceiling domes hangers and attach to ceiling joists
apply pintable caulk to edges of ceiling domes
remove large area around ceiling domes before installation
lay-in or suspended ceiling application