|Installation Instructions >>|
Ceiling Medallions Installation Instructions
Ceiling Medallions Installation
Tools and Material For Ceiling Medallion Installation
- Sponge or clean cloth
Optional Tools and Material
- Putty knife
Before Ceiling Medallions Installation
- Due to the intricate detail of ceiling medallions, we recommend that you finish (paint or faux finish) the product before installation
surface preparation for ceiling medallions installation
- Clean all surfaces free of dirt and loose particles with a clean cloth or sponge
when installing ceiling medallion with a light fixture or ceiling fan
- always turn power off at breaker box prior to ceiling medallions installation
Permanent Installation of Ceiling Medallions with a Light Fixture or Ceiling Fan
1. Turn off power at the breaker box BEFORE you begin ceiling medallions installation
Removable Ceiling Medallions Installation with a Light Fixture or Ceiling Fan
(Allows easy removal of medallions to access electrical wiring with minimal ceiling damage)
Ceiling Medallions Installation Without a Light Fixture
1. Measure and mark your room center or placement of medallions.
To find room center, measure the room diagonals and mark with a pencil the center "cross" lines on the ceiling, approximately 2 -3 inches larger than medallions
2. Place medallions up to ceiling marks and mark the placement of the medallion
3. Lay the ceiling medallions face down on a surface that will not mar the product face, such as a clean cloth
4. Apply a 1/2" continuous bead of latex adhesive/caulk along the back edge
Follow steps 7 through 9 from Permanent Installation Instructions.
5. Touch up medallions with paint as needed.
While Installing Ceiling Medallions
Always Follow These Safety Suggestions
- Follow good construction practices.
- When using power tools, adhesive and finishing materials [such as paint or stain], be sure to follow manufacturer's instructions.
- Always wear safety goggles when using a power tool or hammer.
- Always use the right tool and/or equipment for the job.
General Precautions: Ceiling medallions function as a decorative element only, and are not designed to support electrical fixtures or provide any load bearing capacity.
InvitingHome.com shall not be responsible if any failure to comply with these ceiling medallions installation instructions results in the product failing to perform the purpose intended.